During caretaking season : Reservation required by telephone : 00 33 (0)5 61 96 76 22
or by mail : email@example.com
During off season : You can contact the caretakers on their cell phones
- Stéphane AMIEL : 00 33 (0)6 74 28 46 26
- Laurent TRIOLET : 00 33 (0)6 83 55 28 43
Administrative address :
SAS LES ESTAGNOUS – Pedescaut – 09700 SAVERDUN
- Caretaker season, continuously from Saturday June 18th to Sunday October 02th, 2022
and the weekend Saturday October 08th to Sunday October 09th, 2022.
- Off season the refuge is open and free of charge, 20 matresses, 40 blankets, picknick room, water outside.
From Saint-Girons take the D618 then the D4 and follow the Lez river valley . You will cross Castillon en Couserans and les Bordes-sur-Lez. After 2 km turn left on the road to Ayer, follow the Ribérot river valley until the car park of Pla de la Lau.
From the car park of Pla de la Lau (930m) to the Estagnous refuge (2246m) follow the GR cross-border trail (red and white trail markings). 1300 m vertical climb, 4h hike.
From the refuge to Mont Valier (2838m) 600 m vertical climb, 1h30 hike (yellow trail marking).
|half-board||44.50 euros||breakfast||7.50 euros|
|snack (lunchtime)||13.00 euros||meal||19.00 euros|
|night||18.00 euros||hot shower||3.00 euros|
|large choice of hot and cold drinks, wines||tent rental (put up yourself)3 persons + rubber mattresses||19.00 euros|
Payment : The refuge is not equipped for bank cards (please pay cash only).
All changes or cancellations must be made by telephone 48 hours before reservation date at the latest.
Starter (soup), main course (meat and side dish), local cheese, desert. Wine and coffee in addition. For special vegetarian or allergy diet please specify upon reserving.
- The refuge provides communal type lodging.
- Please present yourself to the caretaker upon arrival.
- Refuge hours : Dorms open around 3 pm. Evening meal taken in common at 7h30 am. Breakfast between 7h and 8h am. Lights out at 10h30 pm.
- clogs and carry bag provided (shoes and rucksacks not allowed inside the refuge).
- Travel sheet (or sleeping bag) required : disposable sheets on sale at refuge : 5 euros.
- Mattress, blankets and pillows provided.
- The refuge is equipped with paying showers, visitors provide their own toilet gear.
- Dogs are not allowed in the refuge.
- There is no mobile phone access at the refuge.
- The refuge does not handle the hiker’s rubbish.
- Be equipped with appropriate trekking gear
- In early season, when snow drifts remain between the refuge and the Col de Faustin, bring ice axe and crampons – for the slope is steep.
- IGN TOP 25 20480T map at 1/25000 Aulus-les-Bains/Mont Valier, Rando Editions n°6 map at 1/50000
- Check the weather report before coming.
- Emergency telephone number : 112
- At the refuge : bring electric torch and warm, dry clothing.
DOWNLOAD THIS INFORMATIONS IN PDF FORMAT : Useful Information ESTAGNOUS 2022.docx